We’re here to help
Get instant answers to common questions.
- What happens if I exceed my plan usage limits?
You can exceed your monthly limits twice within a 12 trailing-month period before you’re automatically upgraded to the most suitable plan. We’ll let you know when you go over the limits and before you’re bumped to a higher plan. Don’t worry, we’ll never prevent your customers from being able to generate quotes, should you go over the limit.
- Do I need a payment gateway to accept online payments?
Yes. To accept online payments using Socket, you must have a third-party payment processor such as Authorize.net, PayPal, PSiGate, Realex, or MiraPay. If your existing payment gateway is not supported, we can integrate with it for a small one-time fee.
- Do you charge any transaction fees for online payments?
No. We no longer charge transaction fees for payments that you accept through Socket.
- Do I need a payment gateway before signing up?
No, absolutely not. Sign up here and we’ll help get you started and can suggest the right payment gateway for your needs.
- Can I disable the online payments feature?
Yes. If you wish to accept payments via other means, you can disable the online payments feature. In that case, you may want to use Socket’s online Purchase Order (PO) feature instead.
- Are larger plans available?
Yes. If you need a larger plan than what is listed, please contact us.
- Do I have to sign a long-term contract?
No. Socket is a pay-as-you-go service and you only pay month to month. You can cancel at any time and should you choose to do so, we won’t prorate your last month, but you won’t be billed again.
- Can I change my plan at any time?
Yes. You can upgrade or downgrade at any time. Simply go to the “Account” area and click on the “Usage & Plan” tab to change your plan.
- Do I need a credit card to sign up?
No! If you choose to continue using Socket past the 7 day trial, we accept Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Payments are processed over a secure, 256-bit SSL connection via our PCI-DSS Compliant server.
- How am I billed?
Your credit card is automatically charged once a month. You will receive a statement each time your card is charged, clearly indicating what you were billed for.
- Can my customer and quotation data be exported?
Yes. You can export your customer and quotation data at any time.
- What are your Terms of Service and Privacy Policies?